You May Be Wondering...
What is Mom Grass?
Mom Grass is what we call the CBG-rich hemp flower that we put in our Mom Grass Joints and now into our tins of Mom Grass CBG Flower. CBG is a relatively “new” cannabinoid. It’s extra special. Rare and powerful. A bit of a mystery. Just like the moms in our lives. We call it Mom Grass because CBG is the mother of all cannabinoids (aka the building block for THC and CBD), not because it’s exclusively for moms. The same way Dad Grass isn’t just for dudes or dads. Sure, moms seem to love it. But so do dads, adult children, grandparents and pretty much everyone else who’s tried it.
How Will Mom Grass CBG Flower Make Me Feel?
If you’ve smoked Mom Grass CBG Joints, you’ll recognize the effects of Mom Grass Flower. CBG doesn’t exactly get you “high” in the traditional sense, because it doesn’t have high enough concentrations of THC, the psychoactive compound in the marijuana you would get in a dispensary. Our friends tell us that a few tokes is enough to have them feeling grounded and centered during their morning rituals, or relaxed and steady after a long day. Mom Grass is an easygoing and uncomplicated way to set the head right and the soul light. The effects of CBG can last from 2 to 6 hours depending on your body, how much you take and how you take it.
When Should I Smoke Mom Grass CBG Flower?
Whenever the moment calls for it, really. Mom Grass CBG Flower and Joints are a great pairing for your morning coffee (word on the street is you can take it to spark creativity or ease stress before a meeting). It’s also great to unwind after a long day, or even to chill out before bed. If you’ve ever spent the night tossing and turning, you know that lack of sleep can have incredibly adverse effects, in the short term and over your lifetime. Unfortunately, many of the treatments for troubled sleep can be just as harmful as being sleep deprived. By diminishing the stress, anxiety and pain, CBG flower helps us fall asleep (and stay asleep) without making us groggy in the morning.
How Long will Mom Grass Flower Take To Kick In?
Smoking CBG flower directly, whether you’re hand-packing a pipe or rolling a joint, is the fastest way to feel the full effects of the hemp plant. When you smoke CBG (or CBD) directly, cannabinoids are inhaled directly into the lungs where they rapidly enter the bloodstream and circulate through the body. Because everybody’s got a different body, we don’t like to make sweeping generalizations, but based on a lot of R&D (wink, wink) we know that CBG takes about three minutes to peak after consumption, so you should be feeling the effects around five minutes after inhalation.
Why Should I Feel Good About Buying Mom Grass Flower?
We use 100% Organic hemp responsibly grown under the sun in the USA. Everything from the microcosm of our soil to the method of harvesting our flower (hand-picked!) all the way to our drying methods have been considered with you in mind. Because you deserve the best. And it’s the right thing to do. Below are some more details on the behind-the-scenes things that make Mom Grass CBG Flower so special:
- Small Batch: We’ve got a thing for the little guys, cuz we’re one of them! We only work with craft farmers that sustainably produce hemp in small batches. They grow, harvest and trim by hand with the same level of care a home gardener would use for their family’s harvest.
- Good Genes: We tirelessly scoured the country for the most perfect strain of CBG hemp, so you didn’t have to! The specimen we selected is a timeless classic. An everyday hero. It’s extra high in CBG, low in THC (below .3%) and rich with terpenes. It looks good, tastes delicious, smokes smooth and is as friendly to the environment as it is to your body and mind.
- Sun Grown: Sure, you can grow cannabis in a warehouse off the highway. But there’s something not-quite-right about fake lights, mysterious chemicals and a terroir that’s thinner than the organic hemp paper we roll our joints with. We keep things 100% natural, like the good ol’ days. When all you needed to power your flower was some living soil, local water and plenty of natural sunlight.
- Choice Nugs: When we get a new batch of flower from the farm, we carefully remove any trim, shake, seeds or stems and then separate it into two delicious-smelling piles. One has all the smalls; the more modestly-sized buds that we grind up and roll into our joints. The other has the bigs; the larger buds that usually cluster at the top of the plant (true heads call this the “cola”). They’re the primos of the pot, the fattest flowers with the highest concentrations of the cannabinoids and terpenes you love so much. And from this pile, we make an even smaller pile with only the best-looking and best-smelling bigs. These are the chosen ones that we weigh, one by one, and place oh-so-delicately into your tin.
- Slow Dried: “Low and slow” is our motto when it comes to drying a harvest (and, come to think of it, most of the good things in life). We don’t like to rush things. And don’t even try messing with the thermostat! We keep the temperature low, the humidity stable, and the lighting mellow so that our ladies can take their pretty little time. It may take several days to get that moisture content just right, sometimes even more, but as our parents’ always told us, patience and precision pays off.
- Carefully Cured: Curing weed is like aging a good wine. A good cure brings out those subtle smells and flavors (can you detect that hint of lavender?). It also preserves the flower and all of its magical properties, the all-natural way. Some people even say that carefully-cured flower is the key to a smooth smoke and a perfectly mellow buzz.
- Hand Trimmed: Trimming is a craft, dare we say an art form. One that can be imitated by machines, but never replicated. By carefully trimming each bud by hand, we make sure to get rid of those toke-harshing fan leaf leaves so that all you’re smoking is the finely manicured, super tasty, trichome-covered flower.
- Thoroughly Inspected: From the spring morning when the seed goes into the ground to the bittersweet moment when each tin is packed and shipped, we’ve got our eyes on our grass. We inspect every plant, every nug, every trichome--every step of the way. But we don’t expect you to just take our word for it. That’s why we go the extra mile by sending our flower to the same independent third-party labs that test the marijuana you find in dispensaries. We always pass with flying colors.
What's the Difference Between Mom Grass Flower and Dad Grass Flower?
In simple mathematical terms: Mom Grass = CBG. Dad Grass = CBD. But aside from the fact that Mom Grass flower is rich with CBG and Dad Grass Flower is rich with CBD, there are some subtle differences in the look, feel and flavor of the flower itself. More on that below.
Why Does Mom Grass Flower Look Different from Dad Grass Flower?
The whole “birds and bees” talk sort of applies to flower, too. Because of their genetic traits, Dad Grass and Mom Grass are just … different. Over the last couple years, our growers have cultivated a new strain of hemp with higher concentrations of CBG, which is primarily what delivers Mom Grass’s unique effects and benefits. But it also means that the flower often looks different than, say, a Dad Grass flower with high concentrations of CBD.
In general, Mom Grass CBG Flower is less “sticky-icky”, a little drier and breaks apart easier than Dad Grass CBD Flower. And, because of its genetic makeup, CBG Flower has less evident trichomes (which are the unicellular or multicellular appendages that act as an extension of the above-ground epidermal cells in plants). In layman terms, they’re the shiny brown hairs you’ve come to expect on Dad Grass CBD Flower.
Can I Mix Mom Grass with Dad Grass?
You saucy thing, you! Yes. And we’re totally into it. Although CBD and CBG are similar in many ways, there are certainly some differences in the way they make you feel. In general, we say that Dad Grass CBD is great for winding down, whereas Mom Grass CBG is the perfect pick-me up. But because of the entourage effect, the benefits of CBD and CBG are heightened when blended together. In other words, they bring out the best in one another.
How? Well, the two cannabinoids balance one another and build off of each other because both CBG and CBD release an enzyme that controls the endocannabinoid system, the largest neurotransmitter system in the human body and, according to some researchers, is considered to be one of the most important physiologic systems involved in establishing and maintaining human health. CBG and CBD both work directly on endocannabinoids and their receptors, found in the brain, organs, connective tissues, glands, and immune cells. When taken together, CBD and CBG ‘s individual characteristics and benefits (like reducing anxiety and inflammation or creating sensations of pleasure and calm) are amplified in the body and increase when consumed consistently. Chemically, cannabigerol (CBG) tends to play a starring role in the entourage effect because it’s the building block or mother to other major cannabinoids like THC and cannabidiol (CBD). If this is getting too nerdy, think of it this way: the entourage effect is awesome.
Can I Mix Hemp with THC Flower?
We like the way you think! You can absolutely build a custom joint by hand-blending our Mom Grass CBG Flower with a THC flower of your choice (and hey, feel free to throw some Dad Grass in there while you’re at iit). By mixing together flowers that are high in the key cannabinoids (THC, CBG and CBD), you’re likely to kick the entourage effect into high gear. Plus, mixing CBG flower with THC flower may also help you diminish some of the negative effects you experience with the high-test THC weed you get at the dispensary, simply because the net amount of psychoactive compound (THC) is diluted. We can’t guarantee you won’t get couch-locked, but it’s helped us get through countless parties and social occasions in the last couple years.
What’s In A Tin of Mom Grass Flower?
- The Tin: Plastic’s not our bag, man. There’s nothing more tried-and-true than an old fashioned tin to keep your nuggs safe. Unlike the ones your folks may have stashed their goodies in, ours has a food-grade coating on the inside to make sure all you smell is your fresh cut grass. The EZ-pop lid keeps things air-tight without the hassle of those complicated opening mechanisms that some of the other guys have (Childproof? More like adult proof!). Plus, they’re completely recyclable. We expect most of you will keep ‘em around for a while, maybe even pass them down as family heirlooms. But if you want to chuck it, you can use that green can!
- Dad Grass Rolling Papers: There are papers. And then there’s the Cadillac of papers. You know how we roll. No expense was spared on the complimentary packs of 1 ¼” unbleached organic hemp papers we’ve dropped in every tin. 33 to a pack. Plus filters if that’s your style. We even added a magnet closure, because we like to keep it classy till the last doob.
- 2-Way Humidity Control Pack: Even the best quality flower stored in an airtight container can lose some of it’s magical properties over time. But with our specially-calibrated 2-way humidity control packs, you’ll be safely preserving your flower’s aromas, flavors and effects like a pro. They’re made with all-natural salts and purified water which help maintain humidity within the tin, creating a protective monolayer of water molecules over those precious trichomes. Kind of like a miniature humidor for your grass.
- The Freshness Seal: Like any flower, Mom Grass CBG hemp’s best when it’s fresh. Our batches are small and we pack them on the reg, so you can rest assured that none of the flower have been sitting around for long. But we’re going the extra mile to lock in that freshness by wrapping up the top of the tin by hand.
- The Batch Label: Every tin has a little green or purple label (a nod to our favorite nugs) that helps you learn more about our 100% organic CBG hemp. A quick glance will give you the batch number as well as the percentage of CBG and THC (always below 0.3%!). We go the extra mile to make sure what you smoke is 100% pure and that nothing has accidentally creeped into our crop. Before twisting it up, we send our freshly trimmed flower to the same independent third-party labs that test the marijuana you find in dispensaries. Not only do they make sure there are no pesticides, mold, fungus, bacteria, heavy metals or other toxins, they also determine the precise concentrations of THC and CBG as well as the terpene profile.
How Much Is A Quarter Ounce:
- Equal to 2 Five-Packs of Mom Grass Pre-Rolled CBG Joints (20 .7G joints)
- Equal to 7 Mom Grass 1G Classic Joints
- Equal to 9.3 Mom Grass Twoobies
- Roughly equivalent to 28 good-sized pipe bowls
- Enough for 60 super chill cookies (Mom’s Dishes™ coming soon!)
How Much Is A Half Ounce:
- Equal to 4 Five-Packs of Mom Grass Pre-Rolled CBD Joints (20 .7G joints)
- Equal to 14 Mom Grass 1G Classic Joints
- Equal to 18.6 Mom Grass Twoobies
- Roughly equivalent to 56 good-sized pipe bowls
- Enough for 120 super chill cookies (Mom’s Dishes™ coming soon!)
What Exactly is CBG?
So you want to know about CBG? Studies are still in their infancy, but we know she’s the parent molecule of CBD and THC, the two most prevalent cannabinoids unique to cannabis plants like hemp. Our friends we asked to try it say smoking CBG in our new pre rolled joints is a smooth experience that reduces their tension and sparks their calm. “It has a nice mellowing effect on the body,” one friend told us after sampling Mom Grass. “I felt the tension of my shoulders melt away once I smoked it. Definitely got a nice happy feeling after, too.”
Wait, cannabinoids? Cannabinoids are molecules in cannabis that have psychological and physiological effects on the body. Both CBG and THC are cannabinoids, two of more than 100 identified thus far. Cannabigerol – say it “can-eh-bi-ger-ol” - is the third-most frequently occurring cannabinoid in most cannabis plants, botanist and executive director of the American Academy of Cannabinoid Medicine Liz Rogan told us. And it turns out that CBG is the parent molecule of all of ‘em. CBG forms in the stalks of cannabis plants. It’s there inside the plant before the hemp flowers or buds form. According to Project CBD, all cannabinoids start out as CBG. That’s why this bad mama jama is the building block, the main element of all that is great about weed. That’s why she’s the mother of all cannabinoids.
Are there any side effects of CBG?
Let’s be real, all legal drugs have health risks. But according to Open Access Government, “the general consensus among professionals and even the World Health Organization, is that even in extremely large doses, CBD and CBG is likely to cause extreme drowsiness, lethargy, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhea and other unpleasant, disorienting side effects, not death.”
According to Open Access Government, “the general consensus among professionals and even the World Health Organization, is that even in extremely large doses, all three main forms of CBD, CBG and CBN (full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolate) are likely to cause extreme drowsiness, lethargy, upset stomach, nausea and diarrhoea and other unpleasant, disorienting side effects, not death.” So there you have it, you can’t overdose on CBG. What about a CBG with THC overdose? Still no. Even full-spectrum CBG or marijuana with high amounts of THC “will not cause a person to overdose in the traditional sense,” says WebMD.
Is Mom Grass CBG Flower Legal?
Ever since the passage of the 2018 Farm Bill, hemp-derived CBD and CBG products like Dad Grass and Mom Grass have been 100% legal on the federal level. And thanks to the cooperation of the good ol’ USPS, we can legally ship straight to your door in all 50 states.
What’s the Farm Bill? Great question! Signed by President Obama, the original 2014 Farm Bill began a shift toward separating hemp from marijuana. Finally, cooler heads. The Farm Bill gave states and institutions of higher education the opportunity to create pilot programs to study the growth, cultivation and marketing of industrial hemp. The bill defined hemp according to its THC levels, not any botanical or other scientific destruction. It also required that THC concentration be less than 0.3% on a dry-weight basis. As a result of this legislation, 40 states created pilot programs to explore the untapped potential of this magical plant. Then, in 2018, a second Farm Bill finally divorced hemp and marijuana altogether, allowing licensed farmers to grow hemp as long as it does not contain more than 0.3% THC.
Can I Fly with Mom Grass CBG Flower?
You betcha. You can legally fly with all of our products throughout the USA. This includes our pre rolled joints, tins of flower and tinctures, because they all contain less than 0.3% THC. Thank you Farm Bill!
Is Mom Grass CBG Flower Tested by Reputable 3rd Party Scientists?
Duh. We can’t help but go the extra mile to make sure what we’re serving you is 100% pure and of the highest quality. Every one of our flower tins have a little green or purple-colored label that helps you learn more about it. A quick glance will give you the batch number as well as the amount of CBD or CBG (in MGs) and THC (always below the federally legal amount of 0.3%) in our hemp flower. Scan the QR code and you’ll find the detailed testing report, also known as a Certificate of Analysis (COA), done by the same independent third-party labs that test the marijuana products you find in dispensaries.
Not only do our labs determine the precise concentrations of THC and CBG as well as the terpene profiles, they also make sure our flower is free of herbicides, pesticides, mold, fungus, bacteria, heavy metals or other toxins (basically all of the yucky stuff). Don’t worry, we nip this issue in the bud by only using 100% Organic hemp grown under the sun using regenerative farming techniques. Then, just to be absolutely sure that our flower tins are as perfect as you deserve, we put the finished product through a battery of tests and we always pass with flying colors.
Will Mom Grass CBG Flower Expire?
Definitely (but that’s a good thing). Flower is just like any other plant material, and because we only use 100% organic and sustainable grass, hemp flower is susceptible to change once exposed to natural elements like air, water, humidity, and temperature, for instance. When stored properly, Mom Grass (and Dad Grass) flower will last for about six months if the vacuum seal remains unbroken.